What is Host a Screening?
Host a Screening allows you to organise a screening as a fundraiser, a conversation starter, for educational purposes, to bring your community together, or just ‘because’. The Host a Screening licence is the screening licence needed for any public screenings of the film (regardless of whether admission fees are charged or not). If desired you are able to charge admission to recoup the cost of the screening and/or to raise funds for your organisation.
How does Host a Screening work?
- Host your screening any time and anywhere.
- Select either the full length version (93 mins) or a shorter version (56 mins).
- Receive and utilise the Screening Kit, which has everything you need to host a successful screening.
Where can I host a screening?
The answer is anywhere! Just find a venue that has enough space for your attendees. This may be a cinema, theatre, rec room, theatrette, church/school/community hall, RSL community centre, lecture theatre, boardroom, your local pub or an outdoor screening.
What will I get in the Screening Kit?
When you purchase a Screening Kit you will get:
- A screening copy of the film (DVD)
- Digital marketing materials including:
- Graphics for designing your own advertising materials
- Organisation tip sheets:
- Publicity tips and examples
- Example run sheet
- Extra materials as needed:
- A study guide for secondary school use (Grades 10-12)
- A discount offer for DVD sales on the night, with a proportion of the sales donated to your charity
- Support from our team (we are happy to answer any question and promote your event on social media)
Order your Screening Kit now
The Screening Kit price depends on the size of your audience. Click on the relevant button below to order your kit.
Prices are in Australian Dollars, and include GST.
If you are unsure what your audience size will be, please contact us.
The fee is for a one-off screening only. If you wish to hold multiple screenings, please contact us for a discounted package rate. If you are also interested in screening any of our ‘sister’ films, please contact us for further details.
The fee represents the ‘behind-the-scenes’ cost of making and distributing a film, and we have tried to make the screening fees as low as possible. If you are planning a small fundraising event and are not sure how the finances will work out, please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Note: Digital Cinema Projection (DCP) – an alternative screening format for cinemas only – is available on special request for an extra AUD$100. The DCP harddrive must be returned after your screening. Click here to order a DCP harddrive.
If you want to purchase the film for use in an education, training or library setting, please click here.
Film details and run time
- Love in Our Own Time runs for 93 mins.
- There is also a shorter version that runs for 56 mins.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org